I kicked off a kindness challenge on Instagram yesterday in honor of Thanksgiving and as a way to give thanks for the many blessings in my life. It's only for 7 days, a week leading up until and including Thanksgiving Day. I'd love for you to join in, performing random acts of kindness and filling other people's buckets. Comment here or share on Instagram with #SpreadSomeSmiles @pb_n_julie so we can inspire and motivate each other as we lift others up.
I've gotten my whole family involved. This is a great opportunity to teach your kids about helping others and the true meaning of the holidays. It doesn't even have to cost a dime! Here are some ideas to get your started:
1. Smile at strangers
2. Leave post-its on mirrors with kind words or uplifting quotes
3. Slow down to let someone turn when there's a lot of traffic
4. Bake goodies for a friend, neighbor or to give out at a retirement home/firestation
6. Raise awareness for you favorite cause
7. Go out of your way to do something special for someone
8. Call your mom or dad just to chat
9. Buy the person's coffee in line behind you
10. Compliment someone
11. Compliment YOUrself
12. Write a letter to someone saying how grateful you are to know them
13. Babysit a single/overwhelmed parent's child for a couple of hours for free
15. Put quarters in the gum ball machines
There are so many things you can do! Get creative. Share any ideas in the post below. I'd love love love to hear from you!