I'm often asked what protein powders I use and recommend, so here's a quick little post highlighting my favorite "go-to" protein supplements and what I like about them. They're all vegan, organic and delicious. I do not recommend whey protein because it's overly processed and I'm just not a fan of dairy. Protein from plants is clean burning, easily digested, beautifying fuel for your muscles. Read on for my fav's.
- Hemp hearts: Organic hemp hearts pack an impressive 10g of protein in just 3 tbsp. But protein is just one of their many benefits... these tiny wonders are full of omega fatty acids, fiber, minerals and antioxidants making them a whole food solution to meeting your protein needs. And I'm pretty sure that keeping things simple and choosing foods as close to the way nature intended them means your body assimilates those nutrients more easily and efficiently. When added to a smoothie, they blend with water into a thick, mildly nutty tasting milk-like base and will keep you satiated until your next meal. And did I mention they make your skin glow? Eat up.
- ALOHA Vanilla Protein: With an impressive 18g of pure plant-based organic protein, this powder tastes delicious and makes for one creamy, thick smoothie without the need for a frozen banana. Containing a combination of quality, grain-free pea, hemp and pumpkin seed proteins along with good fats from coconut cream, this is one body-loving meal replacement shake. And if you are on vacation and want to make sure at least one meal is healthy, try adding the ALOHA protein to water and then adding in an ALOHA Daily Good packet. Surprisingly delicious and super quick and easy, this is my solution to healthy eating on the go. *I love ALOHA so much, I am an ambassador for the brand. This means that I can offer you $20 off your first order with promo: JULIE188 and 20% off every order thereafter with code: PBNJULIE. You're welcome!*
- Sunwarrior Vanilla Warrior Blend Protein: Supermodel Miranda Kerr uses this so I use this. I mean, she clearly looks amazing. #amIright?! Beyond the celebrity endorsement, this protein has a lot going for it... 19g of easily digested, raw, complete plant protein from pea, cranberry and hemp. This protein also creates a thick, smooth and delicious shake and is completely non-gmo and mostly organic.
- Beaming Organic Raw Superfood Protein: Ooh, I love Beaming. I think this powder is fantastic tasting. It has added goodies like detoxifying greens, chia seeds, maca and low-glycemic sweetener lucuma to flood your body with beneficial vitamins and minerals as well as protein from brown rice, peas and hemp. This one has 12g protein in each of its 22 servings. But, with shipping, this blend gets a bit pricey.
- Philosophie Berry Bliss: OK, so I really love this one too! It even smells amazing. It’s made with a base of sprouted brown rice protein powder with added energizing and beautifying ingredients like acai, goji berries, camu camu, mangosteen and pomegranate so it's really a one-stop shop for all your superfood needs. When using this product, I always notice improvements in my skin. And it’s yummy. You get 10g protein and 80 calories in each serving. Oh and if you buy this protein, you are supporting a young mom of 2 who created this business out of her home and made it the success it is. I love that. She also has a chocolate and a greens protein blend that are fabulous. Not to mention the delicious coconut butters she makes out of her protein blends are ridiculous and perfect for sugar cravings. So good.
So there you have it. And now, I want to go and buy them all. Is it Christmas yet?! Let me know in the comments below what your favorite protein is and if you think you'll give any of my recommendations a try.