I remember last year just like it was yesterday. Now having spent two days in the bright and shiny new year, I find myself sitting here thinking about 2015. Thinking about the ups and downs, the happy and sad and all the yummy things I got to eat. I mean... food is a HUGE part of my life. I love love love good food. And I'm so happy I was able to make some mean and green recipes and share them with you all. Here's a run-down of my best recipes according to YOU from this last year. Prepare to relive the magic in 3, 2, and 1...
- Rocking Mint Cacao Chip Smoothie: This green smoothie is creamy and rich with protein for lean muscles, mint for optimized digestion and spirulina for a little mermaid power from the sea. The taste is OMG delicious and just out of this world. If you do only one thing in 2016, make it this.
- Carrot Cake Zoats: Healthy, indulgent and completely guiltless yet splurge-worthy, this is the breakfast recipe new year's resolutions are made of. Zucchini shreds are virtually undetectable but provide a nutrient boost for this hearty gluten free breakfast of champions.
- Can't Stop Double Chocolate Chip Cookies: I mean, the name says it all. You can't stop eating this delicious paleo treat. Made with a combo of almond flour and naturally sweet cashew flour with twice the chocolate chips, these chocolate chip cookies will rock your world.
- Radiant Quinoa Salad: With a light and breezy or stick to your bones option, this quinoa salad is just as good the first day as it is for leftovers the next day and day after. The maple tahini dressing totally seals the deal with its sweet and spicy creamy goodness. Yum!
- Mango Berry Acai Bowl: This is one of my favorite posts of 2015 and you guys agree! It's thick, creamy and absolutely bursting at the seams with body-loving goodness, it's the breakfast bowl your 2016 needs. Fatty acids from the acai work to smooth your skin, antioxidants from the berries fight free radicals keeping your skin youthful and your cells buzzing, you should make this smoothie bowl asap.
- Sparkling Fuzzy Navel Smoothie: Heal your gut with this tasty smoothie that promotes a flat belly and tastes fantastic. Probiotic-rich and easy to make, this smoothie definitely needs to be added to your routine!
- Spicy & Cheezy Kale Chips: Who knew kale could taste so good? I mean, not healthy good, but good good. Cheesy, light and crispy yet vegan, calcium-rich and delicious. Snack happy my friends!
- SWEET Surprise Brownies: Surprise! These decadent, ooey gooey and super chocolate-y brownies are made with sweet potatoes! And I promise, no one can tell. Give them a go today!
- Strawberry Lemonade Bites: My favorite summer time snack. Yes, it's winter, but if the colder weather and lack of vitamin D has you feeling blah, whip up some of these little balls of sunshine and feel your soul shine again.
- 131 Main Kale Salad Copycat: You guys totally fell in love with this vegan and gluten free remake of the cult favorite kale salad from 131 Main. Next up... 131 Main veggie burger domination. Wouldn't that be fab?!
Ok, wipe the drool off your keyboard now. Yum! What a tasty year 2015 was! If there's anything you want to see me make or recreate this year, leave your suggestions in the comments below. I can't wait to see what 2016 brings! Cheers to a fabulous new year friends! xoxo